Table of Contents:
As the Hajj season 2023 comes nearer, the Saudi Arabia Government aims to serve the pilgrims the best experience of their stay in Saudi Arabia. Most of the holy sites are located in the holy city of Makkah. As seeing the current situation the Government of Saudi Arabia has announced a restriction on pilgrims entering Makkah without a permit. The Makkah entry permit is a legal sort of document that allows an individual to enter the holy city of Makkah which is situated in Saudi Arabia. It is compulsory for all visitors whether they are pilgrims or they visit Makkah for business or job purposes. It is issued by the authorities of Saudi Arabia through an online application process. This restriction will be applied to pilgrims until the end of the 2023 year. Following are the categories mentioned on which this obligation will not be imposed upon:
- The holders of Umrah and Hajj permit.
- The holders of the entry permit in order to work at holy sites.
- The holders of Iqama that are issued in the city of Makkah.
The procedure for applying for the Makkah permit is applied through the online application apps which are mentioned below:
- Through Muqeem Portal:
Through the Muqeem portal you can apply for the Makkah permit the steps of the procedure are mentioned below:
- Initially, you have to visit the Muqeem portal.
- Then login into your account on the Muqeem portal.
- Then click on permit requests.
- Then select Add a Permit.
- Then enter your required data.
- After entering your required information regarding the Makkah permit then upload the required files.
- Then submit your application.
Then after the submission is completed the Makkah permit will be granted through the Muqeem App.
- Through the Absher App:
Through the Absher App, domestic workers such as house-helpers and chauffeurs can obtain their Makkah permit through it. Following are the steps of the procedure which are mentioned below:
- Initially, you have to visit the Absher App portal.
- Then login into your account on Absher App.
- Then click on the services which are under the Workers tab.
- Then select Makkah entry permit.
- Then click on Request Entry Permit.
Also Read our previous blogs: