Madinah Highly Recommended Places
These are the highly recommended places to visit in Madinah based on their historical, cultural, or religious significance:
Al-Masjid an-Nabawi: This is the Prophet’s Mosque and one of the holiest sites in Islam. It is the final resting place of the Prophet Muhammad and is visited by millions of Muslims from around the world every year.
- Jannat Al-Baqi Cemetery: This is the cemetery where many of the Prophet’s family and companions are buried and is considered one of the holiest sites in Islam.
- Quba Mosque: This is the first mosque built in the history of Islam and is one of the holiest sites in the city.
- Al-Baqi’ Cemetery: This is the oldest cemetery in Madinah and is the final resting place of many of the Prophet’s companions and their families.
- Uhud Mountain: This is the site of the Battle of Uhud, which took place in 625 CE and was one of the early battles in the history of Islam.
- Mount Uhud: This is a hill located just outside of Madinah and is the site of the Battle of Uhud. It is a historically and culturally significant site for Muslims.
- Madinah Museum: This is a modern museum that showcases the history and cultural heritage of Madinah, including its significance in Islamic history and its role as a centre of trade and commerce.