Madinah, also known as Medina, is one of the holiest cities in Islam and is a popular destination for millions of Muslim pilgrims who come to visit the Prophet’s Mosque and other sacred sites. However, Madinah is also a great place to shop, with a wide range of shops, bazaars, and markets offering everything from traditional souvenirs to modern consumer goods.
Here are some of the best places in Madinah for shopping:
Al Noor Mall: This modern shopping centre is one of the largest and most popular malls in Madinah, offering a wide range of shops, cafes, and restaurants. You can find everything from high-end fashion brands to electronics and household goods, making it the perfect place for a one-stop shopping experience.
Google MAP Location : https://goo.gl/maps/AHpL3Yv5PAjkTjXL8
- Al Shurouq Market: This traditional market is in the heart of Madinah and is one of the oldest and most popular shopping destinations in the city. Here you can find a wide range of traditional items, including spices, textiles, and jewellery, as well as more modern consumer goods and souvenirs.
- Al Naseem Souk: This outdoor market is famous for its wide range of fragrances and perfumes and is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in Arabic perfumery. Here you can find a wide range of perfumes, incense, and aromatic oils, as well as other traditional items such as textiles and spices.
- Al Taneeb Market: This market is known for its traditional crafts and textiles and is a great place to find handmade items such as rugs, carpets, and textiles. Here you can also find a wide range of spices, sweets, and other traditional goods.
- Al Ansar Mall: This mall is located near the Prophet’s Mosque and is a popular destination for visitors to the city. It offers a wide range of shops, cafes, and restaurants, as well as a large supermarket
- Open Markets – Madinah has ample open marketplaces that have small shops selling traditional specialties of the region. One of the most famous markets in Madinah is the Old Bazaar, which houses small merchants that have been running shops and selling quality items for generations. Homemade food, perfume and fresh produce are some of the specialties that you can find here. The city is famous for supplying exquisite dry fruits like dates, raisins, almonds, pistachios and apricots. It has a market to buy herbs and spices like oregano and mint. Taiba Commercial Center and Bin Dawood supermarket are some other places where one can roam around and make a good purchase to take home.
In conclusion, Madinah offers a wide range of shopping options, from modern malls to traditional bazaars, making it the perfect place for anyone looking to shop for
So, if you’re planning a visit to Madinah, make sure to allocate some time for shopping and take advantage of the wide range of products and experiences that this city has to offer.